One of my favorite shots from tonight.
Today I stumbled on this awesome recipe from The Burlap Bag and couldn’t believe my eyes. I have hit a health AND baking spree this month. Keep reading to learn how to make yummy, healthy and EASY-to-make sweets!
1/2 cup instant oats
Optional ingredients/toppings: apples, cinnamon, Nutella, nuts, chocolate chips, etc!
Nutella- cooked the other half of the batch and then topped it with Nutella after they came out of the oven.
Smother by Daughters
I have decided February will be a month of no excess spending. By this, I mean buying NOTHING “new”. Only limited thrifting, buying groceries and paying my bills. I have never gone more than a week or so without seeing something I “couldn’t live without” and justifying the on-a-whim purchase, even if it is a couple of dollars. This means nothing that is not needed, no wants, at all. I have plenty of clothes, accessories and so on to last me for longer than I could imagine.
I am blessed to have the things I need, so why do I continue to buy the things I want when there are far more important things ahead of me. I must focus on the future, close my wallet and move ahead to something greater than those $7 boots at Target. Expect posts of my frustrations and successes.
My mind will be focused on the future.
My body will be content with what covers it.
My soul will be satisfied in the Creator.
1. Christmas Eve in West Virgina!
2. My first snow!
3. Bethany came to visit us. We were tourists for the day!
3. The Union Market–Super cool, trendy place for great food!
4. Our friend Matt from Exiting the Fall stopped by for a visit
5. Anna and I went to the ZOO :))
6. Just a normal run for me… NBD (also, the night before the Inauguration)
7. Coffee talks with a new friend, co-worker and fellow coffee-dreamer. Nutella latte from Pound the Hill… YUM!